Happy Birthday Switzerland! On August 1st, Switzerland celebrates its National Day. The corresponding Vancouver event occurs on July 29th, 2017 at the Coquitlam Chalet of the Swiss Canadian Mountain Range Association (SCMRA).
Don’t miss your chance to celebrate Swiss National Day in Swiss Style with other Expats!
The SCMRA has hosted the Swiss National Day celebration in Vancouver for many years. Their Coquitlam Chalet offers the perfect locale to collectively celebrate Switzerland’s’ birthday.
Some Quick 2017 Highlights:
- This year’s festivities occur on Saturday, July 29th, 2017. Chalet doors open at 4 pm and the Entrance fee is $10 but ages 18 and under enter free.
- As a speciality this year, enjoy the bar, our great grill and a beer garden where you can saviour some local beers on tap!
- This years live music and entertainment is provided by “S-Bahn” an Oktoberfest favorite as well as the Vancouver Dorfmusik and Choir. This is a great opportunity to simply put on your dancing feet and enjoy some classics from Switzerland and Germany!
- Later in the evening, there will be the Official Ceremony with the Swiss National Anthem. After the ceremony, all the children are eagerly encouraged to partake in the Lampion Parade.
- For those who do not wish to drive back to Coquitlam in the dark or late at night, you can stay on site overnight as the camping and RV parking is free.
- On Sunday morning, the SCMRA offers a tasty Breakfast for $10 dollars.
For further info about this years Swiss National Day Celebration at the SCMRA Chalet, visit the SCMRA website for updates or email the president at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you all there!